Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Time for CNNSI to get their story straight

"There's nothing more satisfying than pointing out the shortcomings of others." - Randal, Clerks.

Lord knows I hate espn, but any gross error in content, particularly from a national attention grabber, should be noted and mocked by hack amateur journalists. CNNSI's ongoing preseason hype is titled, in great big letters, The Great Wide Open, even though there are only 16 teams that meet their criteria for having a chance at the crystal football.

Furthermore, the network has "teamed up" with Athlon Sports to provide previews of all 116 D-1 teams. I'm pretty sure Athlon paid CNNSI to publish their opinions, since they have title contender Georgia Tech garnering a 7+ win season, but struggling mightily to do so. I guess we know who's the pitcher and who's the catcher in that relationship. Other vomit-inducing, stool softening picks include Clemson, South Carolina, Michigan, Utah, and motherfucking Nebraska. What, no Arizona?

At this time I would like to thank Big E for pointing out what I moron I was in the Dale Robinson article (below). I'm quick to jump on others, but I'll certainly own up to any mistakes. The silver lining is that I've been doing this for a week and a half and I'm already on the level of Sports Illustrated, which is several notches above the four-letter network. I got your 'booya' swingin Stu, you lil bitch.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?