Sunday, October 22, 2006
I'm Not A Professional Journalist, But I Am An Amateur Journalist
Has anyone else noticed that my posts are beginning to sound like Peggy Hill's musings? You know the way I point out something "interesting" and make a cute pun or joke. Yeeech. You'd think that eight years of college would yield sufficient brain power to write a coherent, well-thought out analysis regarding the ongoings of college football, particularly the Arizona State University Sun Devils. Having said that, here is yet another itemized list of things that crossed my retinas on Saturday.
* The Texas-Nebraska game lived up to its billing with a furious finish that included a halfback pass, a handful of fumbles, snow flurries, and a last-minute drive led by a freshman quarterback that has football fans north of the Red River feeling a little uneasy about the next few years.
* UCLA looked a step faster than Notre Dame across the board, all day long. This of course goes with the obvious exception of the guy that was supposed to be covering Irish WR Jeff Smardjzdjziklbsndfa.
* Michigan State really is the Big 10 equivalent of ASU. They completed a miraculous, record-seting comeback against a Northwestern team that they should have thumped soundly. The effort will probably end up being a catalyst to keep John L. Smith in position to contain Sparty within a bastille of medircrity for years to come, much like this kick did for a nameless someone we'll call "Kirk." I love youtube, and I honestly can't get enough of this clip.
* The respective Universities of South Florida and Cincinnati are whores, pure and simple. They agreed to take advantage of a lack of professional football on Sunday night (due to the World Series) to play on espn in a game that would otherwise never be televised. Your mothers would be ashamed.
* The BCS is total horseshit considering USC got bumped down a peg to #3 after a bye week. Michigan beat an ok Iowa team to remain undefeated and move into USC's vacated salutatorian slot, and the conspiracy theorists are pointing at the inevitable 1 versus 2 Ohio State/Michigan clash at the end of the year. The Pac-10's lack of a conference championship game could become a thorn in Troy's side again (not to mention the OSU/UM loser) should they finish the year undefeated or even with one loss.
* Even though many are pointing out how disappointing ASU's 38-3 victory over doormat Stanford was (WTF?), at least we're not in the position of Minnesota, who needed a blocked field goal against North Dakota State to close out the game at home.
* The Pac-10 is either incredibly balanced or just weak overall after Wazzu took Oregon behind the woodshed and Cal needed "Divine Intervention" (Ty Willingham's words, not mine) to beat Washington, a team playing without senior atarting quarterback Isiah Stanback. Be careful watching the video, it may induce seizures.
oakley sunglasses wholesale, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike free, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louboutin pas cher, nike roshe, uggs on sale, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, air max, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, ugg boots, polo outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, burberry pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, nike air max, longchamp outlet, replica watches, jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, nike free run, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ugg boots, prada handbags, christian louboutin uk, gucci handbags, longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin, jordan shoes, sac longchamp pas cher
north face uk, michael kors outlet online, mulberry uk, true religion jeans, uggs outlet, sac hermes, hollister uk, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max uk, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, lululemon canada, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, burberry handbags, coach purses, nike tn, nike air force, nike blazer pas cher, vans pas cher, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet store online, ralph lauren uk, burberry outlet, nike air max, north face, replica handbags, hogan outlet, sac vanessa bruno, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike free uk, guess pas cher, michael kors, timberland pas cher, michael kors outlet, oakley pas cher, nike roshe run uk, kate spade, michael kors outlet online, michael kors, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, new balance, nike air max uk
celine handbags, north face outlet, jimmy choo outlet, hollister, iphone cases, mont blanc pens, lancel, ghd hair, p90x workout, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, chi flat iron, hermes belt, hollister, reebok outlet, soccer shoes, nike roshe run, timberland boots, hollister clothing, converse outlet, lululemon, nike air max, louboutin, baseball bats, ray ban, north face outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, longchamp uk, mcm handbags, gucci, nfl jerseys, nike huaraches, soccer jerseys, instyler, oakley, mac cosmetics, babyliss, vans outlet, asics running shoes, insanity workout, nike trainers uk, nike air max, beats by dre, vans, giuseppe zanotti outlet, bottega veneta, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, new balance shoes
marc jacobs, ugg pas cher, ugg, louis vuitton, pandora charms, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, canada goose, swarovski, toms shoes, canada goose uk, moncler uk, thomas sabo, ugg uk, replica watches, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, hollister, canada goose outlet, supra shoes, canada goose, wedding dresses, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, links of london, canada goose, karen millen uk, montre pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, doudoune moncler, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, coach outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, moncler, pandora ukPost a Comment